Loading

Fire Officer Excellence

Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Classroom Sessions

This class will seek to challenge both current and prospective fire officers regarding preparation, attitude, philosophical approach, and operational and organizational skill both in the hard environment (on the fireground) and in the soft environment (the areas and time when you are preparing yourself and your subordinates for the fireground). The outcome of the 1% of the time we spend on the fireground is based on the actions, discipline, and leadership we display; the other 99% of the time is in the soft environment. This course will address officer and departmental responsibility as it relates to the full-contact leadership mantra: “Allow NOTHING to interfere with your ability to maintain the ready and in-service status of your command.” We will examine foundation-level reasons for emergency ground failures and discuss organization-level controls and mechanisms to address and prevent them. Departmental and company-level expectations will be a focus of this discussion and why departments fail in the hard environment and the relationship this failure has to the soft environment. There will be a major emphasis on the importance of the "nothing showing environment" and its impact on the "something showing environment" with a “What You Permit You Promote” philosophy.

Speakers
Anthony Avillo, Deputy Chief (Ret.); Director - North Hudson (NJ) Regional Fire and Rescue; Monmouth County (NJ) Fire Academy

Sponsors Logo

Powered By

Sponsors Logo

Powered By

Sponsors Logo

Powered By

Sponsors Logo

Donation Sponsor

Sponsors Logo

Donation Sponsor